Monday, May 21, 2012

Missing Home

Well I said when I started this blog I would be honest about all aspects of my life.  Right now I am missing home, my kids, my wife, everything.  Funny part is I knew I would miss them but not this much.  The wife sent me a picture of my 4 year old in her little cap & gown from graduating pre-school & I almost lost it.  I made the picture my wallpaper on my phone so everytime I turn it on I see her, and it just breaks my heart.

I am doing my best to meet fellow players/bloggers/AVP'ers to get a support system while I'm here.  Think I made a mistake last night because 3 of my favorite bloggers were playing at the table directly to my left & I never went to say hi to them.  Of course, by the time I realized it was them I took a 2 outter about 15 minutes later & never said anything.  So Grump, Grrouchie & Rob, sorry for the dis.  Won't happen again.

Had an interesting situation happen to me at the Bellagio the other night.  I was hanging out with AlaskaGal1 playing some 1-2 at the same table when I decide I'm starving & order the over-priced chicken strips.  About 20 minutes later they show up & I instantly get propositioned by almost every player in a 3 table radius.  "I'll pay you for a strip", "can I have some carrots?", "how about your celery?" were coming at me fast & furious.  I rejected all the offers & started to mow.  When I was on my 2nd strip I get involved in a hand. I finish the hand & look to my left & see the table drunk from the table behind me with a chicken strip in his mouth taking a bite.  He smiles, puts the strip down then says "hey, I'm sneaky!"  WTF?!?!?!  I tell him if he ever touches my food again I'm punching him in his f*cking face.  Should I have called the floor?  Demanded a new order of food?  Had the guy kicked out?  (I did notice he left shortly afterward, and as he did the table broke.  Thank god for drunks?)

I won't complain about bad beats, they happen to everyone, but let's just say I'm down a couple of buy-ins from the last 2 days by getting 2 outtered both times.  No worries, have to come back strong from those.  But getting those beats on top of already feeling homesick was kind of much.  Took the rest of the night off last night, stopped at the corner store for some vodka & pineapple juice, went home & drank it off.  Not my proudest moment but whatever.

I tweeted yesterday about bluffing the living crap out of someone & y'all wanted details, so here it is.  I limp behind 1 other in the hijack with 5c6s, 1 more limps, SB completes, BB makes it $12, 1 other calls & I call.  Flop comes 4c4s3c, so I'm open ended with backdoor flush draws.  BB bets $20, other limper folds & I call.  Turn is 8d.  BB bets $40, I call again.  River is the beautiful Ac.  BB checks & I sense incredible weakness now, so I shove.  Dude tanks for about 2 minutes & folds.  I didn't show.  We can get into my thinking but most of you better players probably know what was going on in my head.  If I hit my straight I stack him.  Otherwise I treated the hand as if I had 1)a club draw, 2)flopped trips, 3)flopped boat, 4)overcards like Ax (but that's stretching it).  I played it like I had all those.

Anyway, guess that's it for now.  I was gonna take the day off but after running so bad I think I need to get back in there & battle.  My head is in a better place thanks to all the love I got on Facebook & texting & phone calls.  I really appreciate all the love & support you guys have given me.  I can't thank y'all enough.

5 comments:

  1. Beats suck but part of the game. It's all about your mental toughness to deal with them and not let them affect future play.

    Also no worries about not introducing yourself. The great thing is there will be more opportunities in the near future.

    Hope to run into you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been following your blog and twitter as I am in Las Vegas on the same mission since May 1st, but no wife and kids, so that makes it easier for me. My twitter is @blkmagik98 if you would like to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what this blog needs?
    An update!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you meet Rob just expect that he will be looking at your boobs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was very nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete