So July ended up being pretty good. It started off tremendous then kind of puttered out towards the end. I still ended up making $16.50/hr. averaging 41 hours a week. Not too bad from what I hear. That being said I have already made some goals for the month of August. Here goes:
1) 50 hour weeks. It has been told to me to set a goal each day of how much to win, then stop. I have followed that and been successful. But to make a good living playing these stakes you need to put in volume. So I am alternating the Stop Win goal to play somewhere, make a certain amount, then go to another location. Will probably start playing 6 days a week, too.
2) Maintain $16/hr. $20/hr. would be great but maybe not sustainable.
3) Limit Expenses. This has been a huge leak for me. Oh, I'm up 3 buy ins the last 2 days? Let's eat out! Let's buy some stuff! No more. I'll be happy with what I have until I can move to 2-5.
4) Start exercising. I will spring for a gym membership at UNLV - only $25 a month. Now I just have to use it. The plan is to work out after I wake up, eat, shower, hit the rooms.
5) Take shots at 2-5. The 'roll is close to the imaginary number I need to start taking shots here. If the beginning of the month goes well I'll start towards the end of the month, playing at Bellagio, where I hear the game is softer.
That's all I've thought of for now. I will update here as the month goes along. If you guys can think of any other suggestions don't be shy. Thanks for reading!