Monday, July 30, 2012

Swongs

July is coming to an end and it makes me sad.  I've had a pretty good month, averaging about $15 an hour, which I hear is good for 1-2 & 1-3NL.  I HAD been averaging about $20/hr. but the last 2 days have been horrible.  Still a winning month overall, plus I still have 2 days left to make it even better.

I think I have been controlling my tilt a little better at the tables.  I have been reading The Mental Game of Poker by Jared Tendler & think it is awesome.  That, along with subscriptions to Crush Live Poker by Bart Hansen & Stack Em Coaching have helped transform my game & approach.

Anyway, on to life.  I flew back to Houston last weekend to surprise my 5 year old for her birthday.  I had an incredible time with both my girls, taking them to Chuck E. Cheese for Ashley's birthday & Toys R Us for birthday presents.  The best times were when we would be back at their house - the wife was good enough to let me stay with them, thanks K! - watching TV & Ashley would crawl up the couch & lay with me.  She'd tell me she loved me & how much she missed me.  I'm grateful to have such an affectionate daughter.  She bawled when they took me to the airport, which broke my heart.  She tried telling K that she was "going with Daddy.  I'll be back in 3 days."  Oh how I wish.  I miss that little stinker.

I have decided I'm fat enough & am going to do something about it.  It's so bad now that when I walk from the parking garage to most poker rooms my lower back starts to hurt.  Plus when I saw that picture of Antonio Esfandiari & me I was appalled.  It never looks that bad in the mirror!  So I have found a gym at UNLV, which is literally 3 minutes away.  I haven't visited it yet but plan to either Tuesday or Wednesday.  From what I've read it's only $25/month, you can use all the facilities, and you can get personal training at a huge discount.  Now I just need to join, and get there as soon as I wake up in the afternoon.

Along with this weight loss thing I am going to attempt to eat more organic foods.  Or let me say, less processed foods.  That includes bread, pastas, chips, basically shit that needs to be made.  I will try to eat more living stuff: fruits, veggies, red meat, chicken, fish.  I will be purchasing a George Foreman to help cook some stuff.  I'm looking forward to the challenge.  I'm ready to put in the work.  I plan on keeping everyone updated on here as to how it goes.  Just writing about poker stuff is kind of boring anyway.

I guess that's all from Vegas.  Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. As soon as you make 5-star or Diamond status with Harrah's you'll be able to use the hotel gyms at no charge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good start. It is so easy to fall into some of the traps you mention, like eating poorly and not getting enough exercise. gl

    ReplyDelete