Saturday, July 14, 2012

June Swoon

Not a lot to report as of late.  The WSOP Main Event is underway, and an old friend from home games in Houston - AJ Jejelowo - is still in and among the chip leaders.  He also won the Southern WSOP Circuit Championship last year, so he has experience in these situations.  Let me publicly say good luck to him, and I hope he finishes this out.

I got to see another buddy from Houston play on Day 2, Dwain Capodice.  We played together at Chris Chancellor's game in Houston.  Sorry I was there to see your QQ run into KK.  I kind of feel responsible.  My bad luck runneth over.

As some of you know June was a terrible month for me, ending as an overall loser.  I am happy to report I have fixed some leaks - I think - and have turned things around for July.  I am trying to play tighter for the most part, not push things, and wait patiently for decent hands.  There's not really a lot of meta-game in 1-2 or 1-3NL.  I found myself sort of out-leveling myself in June, thinking these idiots were outplaying me or making moves.  You can't think on the 4th or 5th level if these morons can't get off the 1st level.  It just doesn't work.

I have also changed my stop-loss & stop-win parameters.  I will now stop if I either 1)lose my initial buy in all in, 2)lose half my initial buy in by bleeding it away, 3)double my buy in if the table is tough, & 4)triple my buy in at a soft table.  I figure to leave sooner when losing because my image is probably shit by then, and why continue to play with a shitty image when I can just move to another room & build a good image?

On a personal note I will be flying into Houston July 19-22 to surprise my 5 year old daughter for her birthday.  She has no idea I'm coming.  Should be a great time.  I'm also probably taking one night to meet up with some of my friends, so hit me up soon if you want to do dinner or something.

Sorry for the long delay in between posts but sometimes I just don't know what to talk about.  Gimme some suggestions my 4 readers!  Later!

7 comments:

  1. You're just like another one of my friends I've discovered - it's easier to play on twitter all day than to make a blog post... :) Enjoy H-Town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true. Friends ask "why haven't you posted anything?" "Do you follow me on twitter/facebook?" "Yeah." "Well there ya go."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't forget to create some stop-loss/stop-win parameters for the night/day.....not just for the table. I'm glad to hear you are playing tighter. Don't try and make things happen. It's a grind. Sit patiently and wait for things to happen. Like you said, if it just isn't happening, get up and move tables or rooms. You aren't glued to that seat. Good luck, Stumpy! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see things turning around for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy the trip to visit the kid!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear things are getting better. Hope it continues, and improves.

    Regarding leaving after losing one buy-in because of that giving you a bad image. Hmm....first of all, no one who knows anything about poker will assume that just because you were felted that you're a bad player. Happens to the best. But if you DO get a bad image, is that so bad? I mean, perhaps if the other folks really do think you're a donkey, you can figure out a way to take advantage of it to get your money back. It's a thought.

    Suggestions for blog posts....ok, how about some details on some of your sessions, where you think you went wrong, where you did well. I mean, it might be painful talking about your goofs, but it might also be helpful. Just writing it out may help you think it through better, and also, you may get some worthwhile feedback.

    Also, don't you constantly play with good looking women who talk about their hoo-ha's? Happens to me all the time. People love hearing about that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. never realized til now that u even have a blog, congratulations. u are welcome to come play at the nugget this evenning. and to bring grouchie along, no idea why ive not seen him playing in so long.

    ReplyDelete