Monday, July 2, 2012

Another Losing Night but Enjoyable Ending

So I just got home from playing a session at Harrah's where, on my last hand, my JJ lost to TT when TT flopped a set (as usual) and I doubled him up.  And I was hoping that all that bad luck would have ended with June....  Oh well.

I got a text from one of my Houston poker buddies named Raj, telling me he & a couple other guys were gonna be driving through town.  I told him I was at Harrah's & to stop on by.  So after he busted out of the 10pm daily Deepstack at the Rio he cabbed it over.  It was great to see a familiar face from the old stomping ground.  He quickly bought into the 1-2 game and sat to my immediate right, so we could bullshit.

Long story short he more than doubled his money when his AA held against KK all in pre (how does he do that???).  I doubled up that shorty shortly after, leaving me with only $47, so I decided to call it a night.  He asked if I wanted to go to Bellagio, out to eat, a strip club, ANYTHING instead of going back to his room at the Orleans.  On the road he convinced me to stop in at Girls Girls Girls, Vince Neil's strip club directly across the street from Orleans.  His treat.  How could I resist?

About 4 drinks, 4 lap dances in the VIP section from the lovely (oh shit what was her name???) and exchanged pleasantries later, I was all better.  Thanks Raj!  You really know how to cheer a guy up!

So here I am at 5am, watching the intro to Wimbledon on ESPN, still half drunk, typing this recap of the night.  I guess things could be worse.  Have a great day all!  Probably taking the day off then hitting it hard on Tuesday.  Peace!

7 comments:

  1. Stump, it's about bloody time you start posting something again.
    One of these nights I'd like to try and make it out for a BS poker session with you.

    I'd been wanting to go to Girlsx3 since it opened but haven't gotten around to it - never made it to the old place in that spot either.
    Other than Titties and Beer I enjoy the sin city sinners and the possibility that Vince will show up and perform randomly when drunk/coked out of his mind lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found out from my lovely that Vince was there the night before (told you I run bad). Hell yes, let's do a BS poker session. Name it.

      Delete
    2. Lightning and I were on Fremont and just missed Vince Neil's free performance har night :(

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good friend - must have annoyed you at first to see him double up after just blowing into town considering the way you've been running...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Details? And no -- not about poker ... he he ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. After my work shift ends on Friday I am off for 5 days straight.
    I'm not 100% sure what my plans include yet but Friday or Saturday seem like great nights to hit the town and blow off steam, stack tourists, piss off locals and get kicked out of strip clubs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strip club huh? I am led to believe that at such places, busty young woman expose their breasts to male patrons, is that correct?

    So apparently some men actually enjoy looking at bare bosoms?

    Who knew?

    ReplyDelete