Monday, July 16, 2012

Figuring Things Out

As the title suggests things might be coming together, and a lot of the things some of you were saying early on are proving to be true.  I play a tighter game than when I arrived.  I am also playing shorter sessions.  If I get up $150-$300 early I cut the session even shorter, then move on.  I am no longer "afraid" to get up after only an hour or two.  If I want to leave, I do.  Fuck 'em if they don't like it.

There is NO meta-game in 1-2 & 1-3 no limit!  From what I hear, there's no meta-game in 2-5 either.  So I don't over-analyze things anymore.  It's all cut & dry.  I'll still think to put an opponent on a range of hands if the hand plays out kinda weird, but I never think I'm getting leveled.  If I am, good for them.  They bluffed me.  Great.  Enjoy the current pot & get ready to get destroyed later.

I'm realizing I don't need to make rent or get unstuck in one day, let alone one session.  I can make a couple hundred, get out of there, and hit up the next place for a couple hundred.

So for all of you who have been telling me all these things for the past 2 months, thank you.  I think it has finally settled in.  Needless to say I've had a pretty good couple of weeks.  They will hopefully continue to improve as I implement the above criteria.  Thanks again all.  Later!

14 comments:

  1. im sure ur disclipine and ur roll is far bigger than mine. probably ur XXXX is too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stump - Congrats on putting a few good weeks together.
    May your xxxx continue to grow

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear, Stump. Keep these things in check and I think you will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm printing this out and posting on my wall!!! Soo true, yet (sometimes) so hard to follow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pete! Discipline, discipline, discipline.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you are heading in the right direction. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds good Stump. Your becoming a regular Vegas Nit. XD. Just kidding! Congratz on the good weeks. Sounds like your enjoying it. Hope to meet up with you and Grouch when I come to Vegas next possibly in December.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Waffles! Wow, the legendary Waffles read my blog. I could almost cry.

      But hell yeah, get over here so you, me, and the Grrouch can all get thrown out of Bill's.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete